This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Installation with ConfigMgr

May 25, 2016 at 3:28 PM
Hi
I use ConfigMgr to install all applications. It uses the system account for all the installations, but for some reason the setup dose not recognize the prerequisites and want to download them. The computers do not have direct internet access so it fails. When I try the "Dependency Check" script it give me the correct output, any switch to disable the prerequisites check?
Also we use AppLocker, any signing of the executable in a near future?
Coordinator
May 26, 2016 at 9:33 AM
That sounds a bit strange, but maybe one of the checks is returning a false negative for the system account. Can you add a /LOG=<filename> parameter to the install command and attach a copy of the log file (you may need to create an issue to attach files)? But it shouldn't be too hard to add a command line parameter to skip the dependency checks and installs.

I have not looked into signing the app, but I don't think that would be too hard.
May 30, 2016 at 7:09 AM
Coordinator
May 30, 2016 at 8:50 PM
Hi Radeck,

Thanks for those. There must be some issue with the system account accessing the registry key at HKCR\Installer\Assemblies\Global as that is what we check to find the current version of the installed dependencies. As a result it's assuming that you don't have these installed at all and is trying to download them. I'm testing a command line parameter now that should skip all the dependency checks entirely.

Regards
Darren

Jul 20, 2016 at 7:32 AM
Hi!

Did you find any solutions on this?
Coordinator
Jul 20, 2016 at 1:26 PM
I can't reproduce the issue, but I have added a command line parameter to the install script that will skip the dependency checks, so hopefully this will work around the issue. This will be part of the next release (v2.4)
Coordinator
Jul 25, 2016 at 11:17 PM
With version 2.4.1 you should now be able to run the installer from the command line with the following switch to tell it not to check for dependencies

/skipdependencies=true