The 2.6.0a release is a simple re-packaging of the previous 2.6.0 release. Somehow someone tagged the previous release as malicious and Chrome now refuses to downloaded. It's been checked using virustotal.com and 55 out of 55 Antivirus scanners reported the file as being safe
- Added support for multiple result sets (works for Power BI Desktop and SSAS 2016)
- Changed Connection dialog so that connection types that are unavailable are just disabled instead of being hidden.
- Added the ability to connect to SSDT Integrated Workspaces.
- Added a link to the dowload page from Help - About when a newer version is available.
- Added parsing of record counts in Server Timings for SQL 2016 / Power BI Desktop.
- Improved metadata search performance and the search box now stays open when it has keyboard focus.
- When querying measures the Formatting from the data model is now applied
- Fixed an issue where Query Plans and Server Timings would not start when connected PowerPivot.
- Fixed an error when using the locale setting in the connection dialog
- Fixed an issue with hidden animations running causing background CPU usage even when the app was idle.
- Fixed crashes when refreshing metadata (also affects the automatic refresh when switching back to DAX Studio after editing your model).
- Fixed PowerPivot connections so that they stay connected when you open another Excel file.
- Fixed blank column headers in the results when running DMV queries
- Fixed file outputs, csv and tab had been switched