This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

A surprise paste and a good one too! (Old news perhaps)

May 31, 2016 at 5:45 PM
On a hunch I acted accordingly and pasted a DAX measure from DAX studio into the latest version of Power BI Desktop.

If you're in the non-comma-list-separator-part of the world, it seems that Power BI Desktop has caught up and now converts the list separator of ',' into ';' without any further negations on paste.

i.e you can use and run any comma-separated-measure in DAX studio and then copy and paste that measure directly into Power BI desktop without any syntax shenanigans.
Jul 26, 2016 at 12:29 AM
In v2.4.1 we've added a toggle delimiters feature to the toolbar. So if you have code with semi-colons delimiters and you want to run it in DAX Studio you can use this button to switch back and forth between the two delimiter styles (this can be handy if you find sample code in the other delimiter style). We plan to extend this functionality to provide an option where you can tell DAX Studio to default to the semi-colon delimiter style in a future release.
Aug 21, 2016 at 12:02 PM
Thanks dgosbell.

That delimiter swapping button in the ribbon is spot on and is a really time saving new feature. Thank you for taking the time to implement it and thank you for listening to user requests.

A small prayer though. The key shortcut CTRL+; won't work on some non US-English keyboard layouts. The raw keycode/virtual keycode transformation will fail because the semicolon is on a different key on some non English keyboard layouts. If you change it to CRTL+, (ie a comma instead) I would think it would work on both English and non English keyboard layouts since the comma is on the same key.

No delimiter shall ever part us again.
Aug 23, 2016 at 12:32 AM
@oxenskiold - thanks for the feed back. It's not hard to swap the hot key. I've changed this in the source code so it will come out with the next release.