This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Exporting Query Plans and Server Timings into JSON?

Nov 19, 2015 at 8:57 PM
I've been utilizing DAX studio for the past few days and I was trying to see if there was a Save To option for the Query Plan and Server Timings Tabs.

I had all but given up and noticed there were 2 JSON files in the same folder as my saved query with everything I needed. I accidentally deleted these files figuring all I needed to do was re-run the query to re-generate these files. Now I can't get the JSON files to generate. Is there something I'm missing? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Michael
Coordinator
Nov 19, 2015 at 9:33 PM
Hi Michael,

Those 2 files are generated when you save the current DAX Query while you have the Query Plan/ Server Timings feature active.

So if you run your query with the trace windows open then save your file those 2 json files will be created.

Also when you re-open your .dax file we look for those two files and as long as you connect to a server where you have admin rights we will reload the Server Timing / Query Plan tabs and re-load that data. (you don't need to connect to the same server, but currently those to tabs have a dependency on an active connection object)