daxstudio.exe was detected as a virus using the heuristic analysis form 360 total security

Aug 23, 2015 at 4:32 PM
daxstudio.exe was detected as a virus using the heuristic analysis form 360 total security
Aug 23, 2015 at 8:45 PM
This made my day...lol.

360 total security, really?
Coordinator
Aug 23, 2015 at 8:52 PM
Did it give any more details about what concerned it? We do some scanning of the running processes on the machine looking to see if a Power BI Desktop instance is running, but that's just using WMI queries. I can't think of anything else off the top of my head that could be considered suspicious. McAfee and Windows Security Essentials don't detect any issues. Did you have any other infections on your machine, is there a chance daxstudio.exe got infected from something else?
Aug 23, 2015 at 9:28 PM
Edited Aug 23, 2015 at 9:30 PM
The only way this app might be flagged is if it's not signed...but I'm on Win10 and it runs.

How much did you pay for TS360?
Aug 23, 2015 at 10:26 PM
Resident the TS360 is freeware. Do you have any sugestion regarding a better one?

dgosbell: the reason I did post was that it was detected (heuristically) by the TS360 that has the bitdefender and avira as virus engines.
Please, dont worry, I took it back and it is running fine.

thanks for your consideration
Aug 23, 2015 at 11:17 PM
Edited Aug 23, 2015 at 11:49 PM
Intel/McAfee or Microsoft are probably the best because they use a multilayer approach and have whole departments/business units that just do security

I didn't mean to sound patronizing but consumer security freeware wants you to donate or buy so they give false positives to pull cash from you.
Coordinator
Aug 24, 2015 at 9:19 PM
I'm not worried, I was just wondering if there was any mention of what heuristic was triggered. A heuristic match basically means that something in the program's behaviour looks potentially suspicious. As I mentioned the process scan that we do as part of the Power BI Desktop detection was the only thing that comes to mind as viruses will often scan processes to either find potential targets to infect or to hide from virus scanners. I was just curious if it mentioned what it thought was suspicious...