This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Dax Studio installs...inside of .NET Bio

Oct 17, 2014 at 4:44 AM
I was able to install the 32bit version of Dax Studio inside of Excel 2013 but I have some questions.

I have .NET BIO installed and it puts the DAX Studio with it. Where should the Studio normally be installed and why is it doing this?

http://1drv.ms/1CtwYZT
Oct 17, 2014 at 5:42 AM
So we are installing into the "Addins" tab - Net BIO must be renaming this tab (not creating one of their own) hence the two addins are being mashed together. The Twitter Analytics addin has a similar issue. Dax Studio only has one button on it's ribbon, so it seem selfish to create a dedicated top level ribbon of our own.
Marked as answer by Residentx10 on 10/17/2014 at 8:46 AM
Oct 17, 2014 at 4:42 PM
dgosbell,

It wasn't a complaint. It was just feedback. Can I still do work? YES :-)
Thanks for the tool. Give my thanks to your "volunteer" team for this contribution.
Oct 17, 2014 at 10:52 PM
No, no. I did not take it as a complaint :)

I was just explaining the rational behind not creating our own ribbon (which is probably the only way of solving the "issue" of other addins renaming the shared "Addins" ribbon tab). At the end of the day I suspect that this is actually a bug in Microsoft's VSTO framework, but I have not investigated this too deeply.
Oct 18, 2014 at 5:38 PM
Not a big issue. Keep moving...