This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Cannot see addin in excel 2013

May 20, 2014 at 11:50 PM
Edited May 21, 2014 at 5:46 AM
Problem solved :-)
Coordinator
May 22, 2014 at 8:45 PM
There is nothing that you can double-click on in the program files folder. Dax Studio is an add-in for Excel 2010/2013 and needs to be launched from it's ribbon inside Excel.

Firstly I've noticed that some other addins somehow manage to rename the default "Addins" ribbon. (one example of this is the Twitter Analytics sample" so if you have other Addin ribbons it's worth checking if DAX Studio has appeared under any of these.

Next, if you go to File -> Options then go to the Add-In tab you should check the following:.
  • First change the dropdown to "Disabled Items" and click Go and make sure that DAX Studio is not listed there, if it is you will need to re-enabled it. The disabled items list overrides everything else and will even survive uninstalling and reinstalling the addin.
  • Second go to Com-Addins and make sure that DAX Studio is ticked.
Aug 21, 2014 at 2:06 PM
Edited Aug 21, 2014 at 2:07 PM
I still can't see DAX Studio in Excel, even after re-running the installer and choosing repair. It just doesn't show up in my Add-Ins list for some reason:
Coordinator
Aug 21, 2014 at 9:27 PM
If you've checked the disabled addins and DaxStudio is definitely not in there then there are two other things you can try (
  1. You could try creating the reg file as suggested here https://daxstudio.codeplex.com/discussions/545623
  2. You could try doing an uninstall / re-install
The installer basically checks for some pre-requisites, copies over the DaxStudio files and then create the registry keys - these are what Excel reads to show the installed add-ins. So if Dax Studio is not appearing in your Add-ins list it may be some sort of issue with the registry keys.
Aug 22, 2014 at 12:41 PM
Thanks! Adding those details to the registry manually did the trick.