This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Not connecting to PowerPivot model

May 10, 2013 at 7:47 AM
I installed the add-in on one machine running win8 and Office 2013 64 bit and another running win 2008 R2 server with Office 2013 64 bit
In both cases the add-in does not connect to the internal data model.
I created a simple model and a pivot table connected to the internal model.
Connecting to a tabular model on AS works fine.
May 10, 2013 at 9:26 AM
Are you able to send me an example of a workbook that you can't connect to?

if you click on my codeplex login on the left side of this post I can reply and let you know where to send the file.
May 11, 2013 at 12:46 PM
Edited May 11, 2013 at 12:55 PM
me too, Because the workbook has two Povit Table, the one based PowerPivot Model, another based Excel.

I have posted an example to issue section.

Thx!
May 12, 2013 at 6:56 AM
May 12, 2013 at 10:42 AM
@luowendong - thanks for your sample workbooks, I can reproduce your issue and will look into fixing it. You are correct that the native pivot table is causing the issue. If you delete it DAX Studio will find the PowerPivot model.

@DanyHoter - I have 4-5 PowerPivot models that I test against ranging in complexity from a PowerPivot version of Adventure Works all the way down to a single table -with 2 columns and 3 rows based off a single linked Excel table. They all work for me on Windows 8 64bit and Windows 7 32bit versions of Excel 2013. Without more information or a copy of an example workbook I'm not sure how else to help you. One thing you could try is opening the PowerPivot management window before trying to open DAX Studio that will ensure that the model is available and loaded into RAM.